Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Insomnia Strikes

I mentioned in my last post that I was taking care of two other infants plus mine. Well for some odd reason the last two weeks I have not been able to sleep. I am completely exhausted and everything in me wants so desperately to fall asleep, but my mind goes crazy on things I need to be doing. This reminded me of the good old days of being sleep deprived when Thomas was born. All I have to say is I'm glad that is over. So anyhow I was averaging about 4 hours of sleep a night. Which for those of you who knew me in college I really liked my beauty sleep and was tucked in by ten. So if you can imagine me with less, then it isn't so beautiful. Luckily, my brillant hubby suggested reading 30 minutes before I go to sleep to take my mind off things. Which I did and it has helped tremendously. I am not only sleeping, but sleeping hard. I am waking up with sleep lines on my body. I am currently reading Left Behind. I am only on the fourth chapter but it has been really good so far. So if you are having troubles snoozing... then READ!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I hate that feeling of when u are soo tired and still can't fall asleep! Luckily since I've been preggo I haven't had much trouble in that department. The only thing I do hate is that every night I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom and then have trouble falling asleep when I get back into bed. I guess I can't complain much though because its only going to get worse once I get bigger, and I esp. won't sleep much once she comes!
Good luck with the zzz's!

lauren said...

I hope that reading is still working for you! Your advice helped me get in a nap yesterday. I sooo miss getting a full night's sleep! I get sad every night right before bed, knowing that I'm going to be feeding him several times. I know it won't last long though!

Amanda's News said...

Kim-I had to pee atleast 3-4 times in the middle of the night in my last trimester. I guess that is just God's way to prepare you for getting up a lot at night.

Lar- I used to hate the night time because it was just me and the kid and no one else to talk too. But you are half way there until he hopefully (cross our fingers) will start sleeping at least 6 hours consecutively. You will feel like a new person when it happens!! It does get better!

elizabeth said...

Hi, Amanda! I just cruised over to your blog from Lauren's. I never go to sleep without reading. It has always been a part of my nighttime routine!

Amanda's News said...

Kim, Lauren, or Elizabeth,
I was trying to figure out how to add "Blogs I most Frequent" on my home page but can't figure it out. How do I set that up?