Friday, October 26, 2007

A Big Loser

That would be me! Not in the way you guys are thinking. I am a big loser b/c I'm officially half way to my goal weight. After I had Charlie I immediately lost those pounds (40 to be exact)that come off so quickly within the first few weeks, but that soon hit a plateau so I had to do something. I have lost 15lbs within the last 12 weeks. WHOHOOO!!! I now have 15 more to go! Some of you are wondering how I did it, well I really didn't go on any diet per say. I kind of made my own food limitations for myself. I cut out bread, pasta, and chips. I have been eating a ton of vegetables, (which is great b/c that also helps in the digestive process), meats, cheeses, etc. There were about 4 weeks within the 12 where there was no weight loss and if that happened I would just limit my intake of sweets. I would say that I worked out every day but that would be a lie. I probably have worked out about 6/12 weeks. I never thought it would be so hard to go to the gym with 2 kids, but we've been battling this never ending cold/virus and if Thomas isn't sick then Charlie is. I made myself a monthly goal chart and put up some inspiring words on my refrigerator to help with any temptations. So some of you are good at math and figured out that I've lost 55lbs thus to date since having Charlie. I am according to the scale back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I'm going for the other 15 to get back to my college weight...so wish me luck:)

14 comments:

jennifer said...

YEAH AMANDA!!! I am so proud of you. you are an inspiration to me. I am finding the 2nd baby weight to be harder to lose. sometimes it can be so frustrating but i know it can be done. WAY TO GO!

Holly said...

WAY TO GO AMANDA! I'm so proud of you!

Kimberly said...

That's awesome! Of course I think you look great but I understand longing for our prebaby bodies! You are my inspiration!!!

Blessed said...

You are looking hot! One Hot Mama!

Julie said...

You are my hero!!!

lauren said...

Wow! You look so great!! I'm so proud of you for being so disciplined! I'm glad you're such a big loser! :)

The Shirley's said...

You are my hero and I am so glad that you are my workout partner. Get ready to lose the last 15lbs with me because here I come, and I have got at least 30!!!!

Larissa Smith said...

Congratulations! I'm very impressed, and jealous since you have done so well, so quickly after Charlie was born. That is awesome; keep it up and you'll fly by those last 15!

Leslie J said...

congrats, Amanda! Your discpline is inspiring for anyone...

Amy S. said...

That's awesome, Amanda! I can't wait to see you this weekend. Although, you always look beautiful no matter what :)

Kristin said...

Way to go! You look great!

Jesse Faris said...

Wahoo! I'd been wanting to ask you recently what your secret was b/c you are looking great! Now I know! I can tell you feel good about yourself and your accomplisment, which is what makes all the difference! Keep it up, girl!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I am so impressed. I can't wait to see you this weekend. We are looking forward to meeting Charlie.

Amanda's News said...

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. It does take a lot of discipline (with God's help)but it is well worth it to be more happier in my skin:)

Amy & Leslie,
Don't expect a whole lot. I mean you both knew me when I was in college (15lbs lighter) so it won't be that exciting.

Randi-You are crazy, you just had a baby a few days ago. Rest and Relax! We will have plenty of time to sweat away those lbs.