We were able to go out last night on a double date with our good friends Seth and Carrie. It had been awhile seen we've gone out on a date and left the kids behind. I had soooo much fun! Our house is still on the market and therefore has to look perfect at all times so we dropped the kids off at my sisters house. Where they were spoiled with pizza and fudge Popsicles. They gave the boys a bath and put them to bed! We didn't pick them up until almost 10:00.
So we started the night off with Carrie giving me a going away gift. She made a book off of Shutterfly for me. There were pictures of us over the last six years. It is crazy to think that we met them six years ago! Man, how time flies. She incorporated other friends from our church as well. She also made a video with music. I definitely had to hold back the tears. It was the BEST gift! Thanks, Carrie!!!
Then we headed downtown. This is us eating at Gus' Famous Fried Chicken. Seriously a hole in the wall type place. It was really good and I can tell you we were not dieting that night. We had fried chicken, fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, french fries...you get the picture. It was delicious!
This picture is kind of blurry, but check out our cheesecake. We headed a few blocks away from Gus' and ate at the Cheesecake Corner. Let me just say it was a little piece of heaven....so yummy! Carrie's first question to the waiter was is this cheesecake good...pointing to one. The man replied "Is it in the case?". All four of us got a different kind and passed the plates around so we could taste test each one! All passed the test...just scrumptious. We had Strawberry Daiquiri, Blackberry, Strawberry Chocolate, and German chocolate. Just makes my mouth water staring at it:)
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Fun with Friends
Posted by Amanda's News at 12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
I know it will be hard for you to leave such good friends behind. I am so hungry thinking about all the food you ate. I am glad you had a great time. We can't wait until you get to Ohio!
Oh, I just LOVE this blog post! Of course!
Your friendship means the world to me. I am still in denial that you are really moving soon. I just can't imagine it. Well, I'm tearing up right now, so I'll stop.
Last night was so fun! It really did feel like when we first met and would go out kid-less all the time!! And, forgetting about calories for one night was fun, too, and worth it! I'm going to have to workout a little harder to make up for it! :)
Love the pictures. Glad you brought your camera since mine is not working! :(
Love ya
what beautiful chicas! looking good, mrs. neely! ;) i'm so glad you were able to have a night out, child-less and with good friends.(and good food! sheesh! sounds like my pregnancy diet! haha--but seriously...can you imagine?ugh) love you and miss you! still praying for that house to sell...
Getting a night out by yourselves is the BEST! yummmmmy strawberry chocolate cheesecake!!!
YUM. Glad you loved the Corner. (The people that work there will NEVER tell me what their favorite cheesecakes are. I once asked the owner "If this place was burning to the ground and you could only take one cheesecake with you, which one would it be??" He smiled coyly and said "All the recipes are right up here (pointing to his brain), so I would just let them all go and start all over the next day..."
Post a Comment