Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New York Trip

NEW YORK. I tried to condense the photos.

At Central Park
We didn't get to see the show Regis and Kelly but we were able see them outside doing their grilling segment for Fridays. They were less than 10 feet from us!

Time Square
We went to a Yankee's game in the old stadium. It was really neat. We witnessed two girls fighting two rows down from us. It was CRAZY. I'm pretty sure they were in high school and they were in a group of 20 or so...drunk as skunks.



Statue of Liberty view from a Ferry. Then we had to go and visit the world trade center. There was a church right in front and it had a lot of pictures, information, etc. dedicated to 9-11. It was extremely emotional to be there.



We went to Little Italy and got some gelato. Not nearly as good as in Italy, but still fun. We also ate at the best pizzeria called Lamberdis..(misspelled) It was the BEST pizza I've ever had! We also went to China town and got some purses. That was an experience in itself! I've never seen so many purses!



Of course we had to go the the M&M store. Just hanging out with Red!
Then we walked on over to visit T-Rex at Toys R Us.
We went to Tavern on the Green for dinner and then went to see the Broadway show "Wicked". Tavern on the Green was just beautiful and the food was good. I will say it was way overpriced but hey how often to you get to go to NY. I HIGHLY recommend seeing Wicked if it comes to your city. I got chill bumps during some of the songs. Great story, great singing. I would have to say it was my favorite thing we did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great NY post! Makes me want to go back!

Kristin said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I hope to visit NYC one day. The T-Rex pics are hilarious!

Holly said...

Yah! I loved all the pictures and I am so glad that you and Matt got to spend some much needed time together in such a fun place. You will always remember this trip. Wouldn't it be fun to get all the Neely girls to go shopping in NYC at Christmas time? I am so glad you had a great time!

Blessed said...

I am so glad you went and had a good time-without kids!!! I love NY so much and am dying to go back!