Well for those of you who don't know I began babysitting a 2 month old last week and then starting this week I began watching a 7 1/2 month old for 2 days out of the week. So now I have three infants for 2 days and two infants the rest of the week. Here is what I have learned,
5. At any given time there will be a child crying, needing a diaper change, hungry, sleepy, or shrieking.
4. (I'm not a big fan of t.v. on during the day)... but if it gives you time to take a shower, put deodorant on and brush your teeth...do it!
3. You will never have enough hands to comfort three.
2. Expect to change at least 15 diapers before noon.
1. Don't expect to eat unless there is another adult around to help you out. (You can lose a lot of weight caring for three kids.)
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Five Things to know with 3 Kids
Posted by Amanda's News at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm not sure how you do it! You are a brave woman and must be a great mommy! I'd love any more words to the wise about this mommyhood I'm about to enter! Hope ya'll are doing great! Your little boy is precious!!
I'm not really sure how I do it either. I just try and put Thomas and the other little 71/2month old on the same schedule. Then keep Nora, 2month old, on the Babywise schedule (Up for an hour and sleep for two). I recommend the book Babywise. It really helped me out, especially being a first time mom not knowing what in the world I was suppose to do. I just used it as a guide but didn't go crazy with trying to do everything it says. You will be a great mommy! I'm so excited for you and Adam. Are you planning on visiting Lauren? I hope I can make it down there this summer.
I am reading Babywise now! How funny! Yes, I've heard its a bit controversial but I have been around babies whose mothers did it and it seems like the parents have a more regular life and the babies are fine. I am planning to go visit Lauren in June. Don't you just hate being far away from everyone? How is M-town treat'n ya? i really would like to go back and visit sometime soon before the baby comes but our summer is getting booked up quickly! How is Matt's school? The next 2 years are the easiest. Any more mommy advice is always welcome! I'm so glad u are blogging!
amanda...i can't imagine....i want to have three little ones one day (all close in age) and right now, i can't even fathom it...
Kim,
I'm so ready for Matt to be done with school. The late night studying, all day studying, and all evening studying is getting old. If we go to TX it will be in June as well since Matt starts back in July. Memphis is good. It grows on you after a while. There are like 5 couples moving this summer..Simmons, Kisers, Nichols, Delks, and Scobeys.
Mommy advice: Stay as long as you can in the hospital when the baby is born. Three reasons..1) You are in pain...2) You will never again have the comfort of being waited on hand and foot...3) It is nice to catch up on a little bit of sleep before you go home (cause you won't be getting any for about 6 weeks...at least not a good 7-8 hours of consecutive sleep. So don't be in such a rush to get home...it will still be there.
Suz,
I got your email about your surgery. You are in our prayers. Keep me posted on what's going on with that.
Three is a good number to have!
Post a Comment