Monday, July 03, 2006

Expanding the Family


We have a new nephew!!! His name is John Christopher Stevens. Matt's sister Amy had him on the 26th of June. The current count is 7 neices, 1 nephew, and of course Thomas. First of all for those of you who don't know, my husband comes from a large family. He has 6 other siblings: Brett, Rob, Amy, Jon, (Matt), Ben and Becky. Brett has three girls (Anna Beth, Ella, and Evan), Rob has zero, Amy has 2 girls (Neely, Ava) and one boy (John), Jon has one girl (Avery Caroline), Ben has one girl (Nora), and Becky just got married...so we will see how long it takes for her to join the ranking. There is never a dull moment when we have family reunions. The oldest is 6 and the youngest, well almost one week old. Most of the siblings live either in Texas or in Ohio. Brett, Amy, and Jon live in Texas within 5 min. of each other and Rob, Ben, and Becky live in Ohio within 20 min. of each other. I guess we are the only odd balls living by ourselves in Tenn. I just can wait to see how many grandchildren there will be when it is all said and done. I'm guessing around 25. Thomas will have plenty of cousins! Hopefully we can add some more boys so he and John won't be out numbered.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I have to admit that my heart skipped a beat when I saw the title of your post was "expanding the family." I was like, WHAT???? Surely she wouldn't announce being prego on her blog!!!!

lauren said...

Congrats on your new nephew!! Now that I'm back, I'm going to call you in the next few days so we can catch up!

Kimberly said...

He is so cute! It must be a lot of fun to have such a big family! Always people to play with!