Monday, February 19, 2007

Pregnancy Test

I'm 6 months along and, once I got past the morning sickness stuff, it really has flown by. I got this from Kim's blog when she was waiting to find out the sex of her baby. So let's see according to this test what I will be having.

1. Stare into mirror for at least one minute but not more than three do your eyes dilate mom?yes-boy/no-girl yes-boy

2. Mom, is your hair is getting thinner and stringier each day of pregnancy? yes-Girl/no (very shiny and full bodied)-boy No (still thick ans shiny)-boy

3. Look at the hair on your legs is it growing faster?yes-Boy/No, about the same as before pregnancy-Girl No (which I definitely remember shaving more when I was pregnant with Thomas)-girl

4. Look close at your hands, mom are they rough or smooth?Rough=BoySmooth=Girl rough-boy

5. Mom have your fingernails grown stronger and faster during pregnancy?yes=boy/no=girl No girl

6. mom are u bugged by your feet being colder than they were before pregnancy?no, same=girl/yes=boy Yes-boy

7. heart rate below 140=boyheart rate /above 140=girl 143 Girl

8. sleepy=girl/not so sleepy=boy Sleepy (yes, but maybe chasing a toddler around has something to do with that)-girl

9. sleep on your right side=girl/ sleep on left, your usual choice=boy sleep both ways

10. do you dream of having a boy or a girl? don't really dream of the baby, but our church's consignment sale is coming up and I'm really excited to spend some money on girl clothes:)

11. lots of morning sickness? = girl/ not so much=boy Girl (14 weeks of being super sick)

12. comfy pregnancy, no problems=boy /more troublesome pregnancy=girl so far comfy-boy

13. does your mom (the child's maternal grandmother) have gray hair or is it colored? doesn't matter whether the gray is color or dyed if grandma has gray hair showing a boy will be bornif grandma's hair is another color=girl My mom highlights but can go for awhile in between...I'm not sure right now if she has gray showing

14. taste for sweets-girl/ tastes for pickles=boy Sweets (definitely love ice-cream)-girl

15.must have a glass of oj in the morning?=girl/ oj isn't on your mind everyday=boy Love o.j. (drink it every morning and at night)-girl

16. carrying the baby high?=girl/ carrying the baby low=boy Low-boy

17. Chinese conception chart: not sure

18. what the dad's intuition is? doesn't know

19. the draino & the needle & thread tests can also be used -haven't done that

6 ?'s-Boy 7 ?'s Girl 6?'s unanswered (Well this was fun! Maybe to close to tell)

9 comments:

Blessed said...

I still think it is a girl.

Let's do the string test over your belly like you did for me!!

Larissa Smith said...

Thinking back (so I couldn't do some of the tests that I didn't do while pregnant), I answered 6 boy, 9 girl, and left 4 unanswered - so for me, this was right. Amanda, are you sure you don't have one of each in there, since you tied on the questions? : )

jennifer said...

hey amanda,

saw your comment on matthew's family blog. i didn't know if you went back and checked it so i am replying here also. i have about 4 weeks left. i went to the doc today and i am already dilated 1cm and thinnned out 70%. I am sure everyone wants to know that. After that I am getting a bit nervous. you should email me your phone number so we can talk. ensor.jennifer@gmail.com
also the neal blog is neal247.blogspot.com if you want to catch up with the others.

jen

Suzanne said...

hey amanda...when is your due date again?..how far along are you?

the robertsons said...

I don't know if this for real, but it is so fun!!

Kimberly said...

How fun! I'm so glad you did that! Mine was mostly in favor for a girl and it was so we'll see if it proves right with you! Of course they say the mother's intuition is the best (and that was right for me, too!). I can't wait to be surprised!

Amanda's News said...

Larissa-NO!!! Ultrasound only found one, thank goodness.

Jen-Wow, only 4 weeks left. I bet you are so ready:) I am very impressed that Vail is already in a big girl bed and you are potty training her. I am not even attempting that with Thomas until around 2 1/2yrs.

Suz-I am 25 weeks on Saturday according to the doc. Due date is June 8th. So a little over 3months left. It would be nice if this kid came a week early like Thomas did....crossing our fingers and praying hard for that:)

Casey-when do you find out the sex?

lauren said...

Sounds like a girl to me! :) None of that ever worked on me, but have you done the ring test? That's supposed to be a good one. If it's true, then I'm going to have a boy, girl, boy, girl. The last two will be twins or close together! Ha! Do that one!!

Blessed said...

Update with your valentine activities!