Matt and I spent a wonderful weekend together. I had been planning for the past 3 or so weeks for Matt and I to spend time together and just relax and pamper ourselves. I asked my sisters to watch Thomas Friday evening and overnight and until the next late afternoon. I packed an overnight bag for Matt and I and had previously set up some appointments for the weekend. So I had been keeping this a secret and on Friday Matt pulled in the driveway thinking we were just going on a date to dinner and a movie and my sister were watching him for that. Little did he know that while he was changing I loaded the car with our overnight bags and pillows. So we set off. I told him that we had to make a stop before going out to eat and told him which direction to head. We pulled into the hotel and I told him that we were staying here tonight and we needed to check in and go see our room. He was totally surprised and excited! We dropped off our stuff and checked out the room (which had a king size bed with super comfy pillows and comforter).
We headed to Outback for a steak dinner and then back to the hotel. I will say this was for relaxation so what you are thinking that would normally happen next....didn't. First of all, Matt had a cold and hadn't slept good in the last three nights. Second of all I am 25weeks along and I was DEAD tired. So I ran myself a bath in the extra long tub and just relaxed for about an hour (which is so nice when you need to take some of the pressure off from carrying extra weight on your body). Then Matt took a bath and after that we literally sat in the bed for an hour both reading our books. It was so relaxing. Then we went to bed about 10:00 and enjoyed every precious silent moment of slumber:)
The next day we woke up and had some Chick-fil-a breakfast and then headed for the Spa. We each had an hour long massage that worked wonders. Then Matt dropped me off at my hair appt. and he spent an hour or so hitting golf balls at the driving range. We went and got some lunch and TCBY yogurt and then headed for our next stop. The movies!!! We had so much fun! You could say this was a belated 5year anniversary gift (or combine all of our anniversaries into this). For those of you who don't know me I am somewhat a frugal person. So even though it sounded like we spent a lot on this weekend (which some of it I actually paid for) but a lot of it was gift cards given to us a Christmas time or coupons I had saved. So for those of you who don't have a lot of money I definitely recommend asking relatives for gift cards for special holidays/birthdays, etc.







9 comments:
What a wonderful idea! You are such an awesome wife to plan all that out! Sounds so nice to just relax and rest! We're getting old aren't we?! But that's what we did on our overnight date, too!
That sounds heavenly! (Which spa did you go to? I am in love with spas!)
Jesse-We went to Gould's Spa off of Park and Ridgeway. Which Matt has never had a massage and apparently the lady starting rubbing his bottom over his underwear...but still is that normal? I've gone three times and they never touched my bottom!
Yeah for the update. I never got a prenatal massage. It sounds heavenly, but I still think I am saving for someone to clean my house instead. That sounds heavenly, too! I can't believe they massaged Matt's bottom, was he freaking out!?
wow! too cool! sounds like such a fun trip..just relaxing! BTW, last year joe and i got massages together during our anniversary trip and yes, there was gluteal massaging for the both of us! (it actually felt REALLY good!)
YEAH FOR YOU!!!!
I can't believe that you acutally did that...you are so good at saving money I can't believe you splurged, but I am so glad!
How fun!!! I'm relaxed now just reading it! That was awesome you you to plan that...and keep it a secret! I'm laughing inside reading all of the comments about the bottom massaging. :) I think I might have had one too, and it does feel great!
About the normalness of massaging the booty: It's only happened to me once, and it was a little awkward. I would say it's not "abnormal" but still...maybe not something you'd do on a first-time client? Hmmm?
THis is awesome, what a great way to celebrate, I need to do more stuff like that, I felt like I was on a mind vacation reading your blog:)
Post a Comment