Thomas has officially moved into his Big Boy Bedroom. We painted it (a tan color) and got the furniture arranged how we want it. When we first moved into this house they left a twin bed including wooden frame (that matches the furniture we already had) and the mattressess. We really lucked out. I haven't quite got all the decorations up on the walls yet, but we are working on it. My mom made his bedding which is totally adorable. The theme is cowboy so we used fabric that I found at HobbyLobby that went perfect with the theme. My mom is also making a denim bedskirt b/c I couldn't for the life of me find one for a good deal. The curtains in the room are denim which I found at Wal-Mart. One of my friends is having her mom paint a cowboy picture on a canvas so I can hang it in there. I will show pictures once the room is complete. We did move his crib into the room and we plan on keeping him in the crib until the beginning of May. Then we will work on switching over to a big bed w/ rails. He will be about 21months when we attempt to make the switch. If it ends up being a disaster then we will keep him in the crib a bit longer and use the pack-n-play for the new baby.
Other random news: I'm in charge of organizing our annual church retreat for our class. We are going in April when I will be absolutely HUGE! I think I will have like 6-7 weeks left before the due date. Can't you just see me hiking up some hills:) I'm really excited about it though.
My sister-in-law, Leslie, found out they are having a boy. They already have a little girl. We are so excited for them. That makes the count to 7Girls and 3boys and 2 Unknown on Matt's side of the family.
Our Wednesday night women's study is reading a book called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I have been going to it for 3 weeks (and just ordered the book), but the discussions that we are having from the book have been excellent. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a study to do with a group of women.
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Thomas' New Room and Random Info
Posted by Amanda's News at 11:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
very cool! i can't wait to see pics of thomas' new room! what are you doing with the "unisex" nursery as of now, for your little bean?
I love the cowboy theme! I can't wait to see it when it is all done. Your mom did a great job with the comforter.
Kristin N.
I am so glad that Wed night is going good!
I can't wait to be at the retreat with yall...hopefully the prayer walk won't be like it was last year....for...ev...er...
I think I was like 34 weeks at the retreat last year and I remember being in the twin bunk with my body pillow!
You are awesome you can do it...
Suz- Baby Nursery will remain the same. It is a sage green and cream color so it can go with either gender. I may add a touch of pink here or there if it is a girl.
Julie-I so remember you hiking last year and your face when we had to turn around and walk all the way back. That was priceless. I really felt for ya.
Love a cowboy theme-can't wait to see pics! YOu are a super woman for even having the ambition to hike that pregnant!
I know I can come over anytime, but I want pics of the room!! Are you almost done?
Post a Comment