Well it all started last Tuesday when Thomas woke up about 9:30 and had thrown up all in his bed and all on himself. Of course we gave him a bath and cleaned up his crib just for it to happen again. He threw up a total of three times. Then he had diarrhea for the next 4-5days.
So fastforward to Saturday night. The Virus attacks me at 1:00 in the morning and last until 1:00p.m on Sunday. I'm telling you I have never been so sick in my life. I could say easily over 20 times did I vomit and not only did I vomit, but had diarrhea at the same time. So you can imagine what I must of looked like a 9month prego sitting on the pot holding a trash can up to my face.
Anyway, I tried to keep hydrated by sipping Sprite, Coke, sucking on ice, or Popsicles. It didn't matter I would throw it right back up. To put it mildly I felt like death. So one of my friends who is a doctor (shout out to Beth) came over on Sunday and brought with her some meds, some groceries, and some doctorly advice. She said I should call my doctor b/c I might need to go to the hospital to get some IV fluids since dehydration can cause you to start contracting. At this point my lips were cracked and I was becoming dizzy. So I called and they prescribed me some anti-nausea medicine suppositories (just lovely...huh). And said if that didn't work then go the to ER. Luckily this medicine stopped me from further vomiting episodes and knocked me out for like four hours straight. I have to take it every four hours so I took some more and went straight to bed.
So today has been better, but I'm totally exhausted. Which isn't an option when you have a toddler to take care of. So we made it through the day and I went to my doctor's appt this afternoon. The update is 2cm dilated and 60% effaced (I know that info is why most of you are reading the blog so I waited till the end to post it). I had lost 4lbs from the weekend virus. Which I know most women in general would love to lose 4lbs in a weekend, and I'm telling you I would of rather gained 8lbs then go through that.
I came home to find Matt in the guest bed, pale as a ghost, and it looks like the Virus has attacked him. Luckily, we already have meds that I gave him and sent him back to bed. Please pray that we are all in good health by the time I deliver this baby!
Monday, May 21, 2007
VIRUS ATTACKS
Posted by Amanda's News at 6:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
Oh no that is horrible!!!!!!! I hope you all get better asap and that the baby holds off on coming so you guys can get a little rest & recoup in between now and then!
Oh Amanda I feel for you. The same thing happened to me Easter weekend. It took me 4 days to feel better. I hope you get some rest and Matt feels better soon.
Well you have what Matthew and I like to call "Rio Verde" I had the same thing two weeks ago. Thank goodness I was at my mom and she took good care of me. Matthew was gone on business. It lasted 5 days with me. Vail had it for about 24 hours. Katy never got sick thank goodness. Then the day we were coming home my mom was sick. It was horrible. Not something you want to have with a toddler and a newborn. Praying for you guys
Jen
I am SO sorry, Amanda!! There can't be much more of a miserable feeling (and I'm picturing you on the pot, 9 months preggers, with a trash can!). Maybe labor won't feel so bad now?? :) I hope Matt's virus isn't as bad and that you start feeling as good as you can at the end of pregnancy!
I am so sad we missed you at church on Sunday! Matt said you were home in bad shape. I am glad you are feeling better. Hang in there...not much longer!
So glad you are better. Hope Matt is soon.
Amamda that virus is awful. I hope that everyone is feelng better now. You only have a week left. We are getting very excited for yall. Keep us posted. We are praying for you.
oh my GOSH amanda..that sounds TERRIBLE! i'm so glad you are feeling better. jeeeeeez! i kept thinking about you while i was in the hospital..wondering how you were doing!
I hope you all are feeling better. Maybe the puking made you dilate a little more!! And maybe now you'll have an easier labor! We CAN'T WAIT to find out what you guys are having. I'm so glad you all decided to wait.
hey, happy birthday by the way!! the 25th right? i thought about you and hope you had a good one!! how are you and baby neely doing???
Post a Comment