Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Check up

We went to the doctor's last Friday for Thomas' 2 year appt and Charlie 2month.

Thomas 90 percentile in height (36 1/2 inches tall) and 75% percentile for weight (29lbs). We discussed verbal communication, potty training, eating, sleeping, and discipline. Our doctor gives us handouts discussing what the norm is concerning a 2 year old. In verbal communication it states that most 2 year olds are beginning to put two words together like "my book or gimme drink." Here are some of Thomas' favorite things to say: "Mamma, what you doing", "Dadda, look at me.", " Mamma, where are youuuu", "I get you, you better run.", and "I sorry." I don't know how most 2 year old are but Thomas for the most part is a very compliant toddler. He plays well with others. The only issue we battle with is eating. He seems to be taking after his Aunt Denise and Aunt Michelle by being a picky eater. It is really frustrating for Matt b/c he loves food so much and can't understand why is son doesn't. So we are working on that, but I think our 29 pounder is doing alright:)

This morning I walk into Thomas' room to get him out of bed and I notice something stuck to the side of his face. I said, "Thomas what is on your face and he replies, "A Boogar". I said a booger, how did that get there. And he says," It happens". I started dying laughing.

Charlie was in the 75% percentile for height (23inches) and weight (11lbs 4 oz.). Charlie has been sleeping through the night now consistently for 2 weeks! Whoo Hoo!! He has been going down about 11:00 and sleeps til 7:00. Everyone is much happier since that has been happening. He will be 10 weeks on Friday. Charlie is smiling all the time and has started making the sweetest cooing noises. He still seems to be a very laid back baby. Thomas has started enjoying him more since Charlie smiles at him. Thomas thinks it is hilarious.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Glad to hear your boys are growing and doing great. I know sleeping through the night is a huge thing, especially for you and the way you feel. Both Anna Beth and Ella went through phases when they were 2-3 where they were really picky about food and hardly ate anything. For reason when they both turned 4 everything changed. They are GREAT eaters now. Hang in there, there is hope. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Great update on your precious boys. Hiliarious booger story! Parker really goes through phases where he doesn't eat well. I think it all balances out in the end.

lauren said...

I LOVE that story! I had to tell Josh and Elizabeth bc it was so funny! I know he must have the cutest personality!! Glad to hear everyone's doing well. I have heard more people (including my doctor) talk about how parents always worry that their toddler isn't eating enough, but they all (unless there's neglect) are. As long as you're offering nutritious food, he'll eat if he needs it. My doctor also said that they regulate what vitamins they need by wanting certain foods. For instance, if you offer him an orange and he doesn't need any more vitamin C, he won't want it. Kinda cool!

Joni said...

I am glad everyone is doing good. That is great that Charlie is sleeping so well! We have to get together soon.

Anonymous said...

Love that story about Thomas. I heard that yall were going to Ohio sometime in September and Jon and I are planning on a trip then. Hopefully we will get to see yall soon. Charlie is precious.

Anonymous said...

Everyone I show the picture to say how cute they are and what a personality Thomas has, and of course I agree. I am so glad that you are getting some sleep and Charlie is too. You never know what Thomas is going to say next. Can't wait for his next new word or saying.

Amy S. said...

Very cute story about Thomas. I wish we could be around him more. I know he is very entertaining. I'm glad Thomas and Charlie are healthy. Miss you guys!!