Giving some lovin'!
Thomas calls Charlie his "Buddy"
Family photo in our Ohio State attire! Don't get use to seeing me with brown hair. I'm getting tired of it. Maybe a change is in order.
Waking up from a nap! Of course big brother had to jump up on the bed to get in the picture:) Thomas just loves his baby bro!
I'm told that Charlie has the Neely ears.

I'm told that Charlie has the Neely ears.
Today was our first official day back to the gym with both boys! They won't take them in the nursery until they are 3months old so we had to wait, but now it is go time. I had one glorious hour to myself. Don't get me wrong I love being a stay home mom, but it is nice to take an hour or so each day for myself:) Funny story: I saw another mom who just had her second baby and we were swapping labor stories. Isn't it funny how some women have to try and "one up you" or brag about there labor. She told me how many hours she was in active labor and then labor in general. So I told her my hours and she said, "Well they gave you pitocin so that's why it speed your labor up. I went natural which was just horribly painful, but I was not about to get meds." Then I said really I got an epidural and was in heaven and only had to push once." I know some women really want to go natural and more power to you if that's what you want but if I don't have to be in as much pain then I'm saying give me an epidural every time.







13 comments:
I think that it is SO sweet how much Thomas loves Charlie. You have two precious boys.
Charlie is really changing! Both of your boys are so so cute! I love the story of Thomas whispering in Charlie's ear! Also, LOVE your new blog look!
I love the HOT STUFF bib. so cute.
You guys look so cute as a family in your OSU gear! Amanda I think I like you better as a blonde!
Oh my goodness. I can't believe what a different little boy Charlie looks like then Thomas. They are so cute together. I can't wait to see Thomas interacting with him. I'm SURE it's hilarious!!
good gosh! its been forever since i've seen charlie! he is SO big now and such a handsome little guy! i LOVE your labor story conversation and how you told her you loved your epidural! hilarious-would have loved to have seen her face! i agree, i have seen vaginal births BOTH ways which made me 100% want the epidural!
So, so cute! Love the change to your blog layout. Charlie is growing so much and Thomas is, too. Miss you guys.
Amanda, I love the pictures of the boys. You look great. Charlie is the cutest baby. He looks like you. Thomas is growing so fast. They are going to be bust buds you can tell. We miss you.
Amanda,
Of course all the family pictures are so cute. We already miss seeing you guys! Post pictures of the new do once you get it done!
There are so many reasons I love you and one of them is that you say so much of exactly what I think. Sometimes when I am talking to someone I think "if I have to hear your sob story my labor was horrible story one more time" or how awesome you are because you made it so far with out an epidural blah blah blah I am going to kick you in the shins.
Recently I was at dinner and I had to listen to someone's 20 minute story about how they were in labor for SIX WHOLE HOURS and tore and had to get stiched up and how long they had to push and I just say in one sentence "I was in labor for 28 hours, my epidural wore off twice and then I had to have a c-section from which I busted my incision twice. Anyone need a refill of their drink?" And that usually shuts that conversation down pretty quickly.
And the thing is, I know about a million people who had a harder or worse labor and delivery experience than me. I don't know why women wear it as such a badge of honor. No one has any control over the way it happens really.
Some people have asked me if I am going to try to have a vajayjay birth next time and I am like HAY-UCK no. Do I feel guilty about signing up on a schedule to skip the pain and pushing and contractions next time? Nu-oh.
Julie CRACKS me up!!!! Girl, our labor stories are the same!! I think exact. You are so funny. Amanda, the pics are soo so cute of the boys. Charlie does look just like you! I have missed hanging out with you lately. Let's get together soon!
I laughed so hard reading your experience at the Y. It is so true we always try to one up each other. However I am with you on the pain free delivery. As my mom puts it you dont get a medal for doing it naturally so take what you can get. Its not like its easy either way you do it. I am ready to get back to our work out schedual too. Even after she gets here I can still go because Cason has the month off. Parker is missing Thomas too. He keeps telling me he wants to see Thomas. I keep telling him ME TOO!!!! :) We will see you a week from Sunday. Cant wait!
hey tell Carrie I cant get to her blog still. Im sure I am doing something wrong but if she could invite me again that would be great!
Post a Comment