I went to church on Wed. night and we were discussing sins. Is every sin equal? That was the question. For example: If someone were to lose their temper and beat their child and someone else were to lose their temper and yell at their child...is that sin equal in God's eyes? Or if you were to download a song off the Internet (stealing) is that the same as robbing a gas station? Or what if someone lies about their taxes is it the same as someone telling their kids there is an Easter Bunny? I'm sure we could go on and on with these scenarios. What about raping, molesting, murder....? I personally have a really hard time believing that if you cause physical pain to another person that those sins are equal to the "little white lie" sins. Does God see those sins as equal? What is your view?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I have no idea. Let me know what you figure out.
Did you get my email? I know you have been busy so it's okay!!
It makes me so sad to see your house getting packed up and changing. You have used that house for so much hospitality and relationship building and raised two sweet boys there. You should be really proud of what you have done for God in that house.
I don't know either, but I think God pays attention to our heart. If you're telling your kids there's an Easter Bunny, your heart is in a much better place than if you're lying on your taxes. I think maybe we can relate it to how we would feel if our child was old enough to know and did something like gossip to a friend one day and the next day, beating someone up. I think we'd be much more worried about the child's heart doing the latter (but disappointed with both). Just my thoughts...I really don't know! If we felt remorse and repented, I know God would forgive all sins just the same. That's tough! And, I know that all sins separate us from God just the same. What do you think?
Post a Comment