Thursday, January 01, 2009

Nursery Pics, Crib Buddies, and 7th Anniversary

So for those of you who don't know, we are having another boy! It took me a little while to come to terms with this news so I haven't really been posting about it. But now just a few weeks away from delivery and meeting him I have definitely been getting more excited:) The nursery is pretty much done. I still have a few things I am waiting to get in the mail. Charlie will still be in the crib for the first 6-8 weeks and then we will convert him to a bed and he will be roommates with Thomas. Pictures of their room will be posted later.


This was given to me by my best friend Carrie! She is so thoughtful! Thanks so much, Carrie! It is perfect:) She had it painted by one of her friends from college. I LOVE it! It goes great with the room and theme! It is such a great scripture to be reminded of what a precious gift we are given.

Matt assisted me with the painting. I got this idea from Julie. She was looking up stuff on the Internet and found it. I think it turned out really well.


So the theme is giraffe and Matt's mom got me the bedding. It is ADORABLE and the bumper pad is made from that minky material. Super comfy!


Up close view!


I attempted to paint, so don't look to closely at this canvass. I'm going to add his name to the top after he gets here.So I decoupaged his initials. This is what hangs over his crib. I think it still needs something but haven't decided what yet. So without making you guess his name....it is Andrew Craig Neely! We like the name Andrew and Craig is after my dad (his middle name).



Thomas woke up this morning and got in bed with us. Then he heard Charlie making noise and asked if he could go say hi to him. So ten minutes later I find him in the crib with Charlie. He looked at me and said, "I just love sleeping with Charlie".




Happy Anniversary! It was 7 years ago on the 29th of December when we walked down the aisle. Matt took me to The Melting Pot and it was fun and delicious:) It was up to him this year to pick what we did and he was very creative in picking that place. We spent two hours there just fondueing the 4 course meal and talking. He had planned a movie, but being 9 months pregnant I had to ask for a rain check:)

12 comments:

jennifer said...

What a cute room... I love the giraffe theme! I am going to do something different in our nursery regardless of boy or girl. Katy would love to sleep in the same bed as Vail although I don't think they would ever go to sleep :)

ashley said...

so cute - love the theme and the paint and the name... all of it. you did a great job on your canvas too. rudy planned our anniversary this year and bought us paint/canvas so we could make something to remember the anniversary (and i've always wanted to paint) - we were terrible. it's so much harder than it looks!

Kristin said...

Such a cute room! The boys are getting so big! Can't wait to see pictures of Andrew!

Holly said...

The nursery is just precious! Great job! I love the pic of Thomas and Charlie in the crib. Don't you know they will try to do that with Andrew. Happy Anniversary! So glad Matt planned it all!

TexasNeals said...

oh, amanda, the nursery is SO adorable!!! i love the paint and the bedding. is it kind of a minky fabric? i also love the name andrew! it is such an honor to have boys and you are going to be blessed w/ three! praying that all goes well w/ the delivery, that andrew handles everything great and that your adjustment to 3 goes smoothly! :)
and happy anniversary! i've always wanted to go to the melting pot!!!

annecase said...

Love the name and love the room! Can't wait for him to get here and hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

Anonymous said...

The baby room is too cute. You did a great job and might become a world famous painter some day. Matt did a great job picking out a place to eat. Happy Anniversary. I can't wait to see the new addition and losing a little sleep. See you all soon

Becca said...

I love the nursery and the name!!! I hope you are doing well and I will be praying these last couple of weeks go well for you!
Miss you!!

lauren said...

I didn't know you were having another boy! You make precious boys, and you still get to be the queen of the house! I love your nursery!!! So cute, and I'm amazed that you painted that! I hope you are doing well, and I am so excited to "meet" the next Neely boy soon! Love you!!

Blessed said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the canvas you painted! And, I love Heather's canvas that she painted too! It really looks like it matches! The whole room is super cute! I hope I get to see it in person sometime! :)

I miss you! I am glad you updated with some pictures! The boys are getting so big and are as cute as ever.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love the nursery!!! We are so excited to meet Andrew. Happy Anniversary...I love the Melting Pot!

Julie said...

The nursery is so cute!!!! I love it! I love Carrie's sign and the canvas you made!!!!

I can't wait to meet him and I have GOT to catch up with you!!!