Friday, March 06, 2009

Still Surviving:)

We are still in survival mode in this house. Andrew is still pretty fussy. I'm about 99.9% sure he has colic. He has trouble digesting which causes him horrible gas pains. He also goes days without pooping. I called my doctor's office and they said breastfed babies can go 5-7 days without a bowel movement....CRAZY. That just doesn't sound right to me but whatever. I have been getting at least 3-4 hours straight at night....thanks to Matt. He takes him after his 10:00 feeding and will bring him up to me either at 1:00 or whenever he wakes up. Lately he has been bringing him to me about 3:00a.m.

Andrew has started smiling alot lately and making cooing sounds! Funny story- Andrew was crying and Thomas raises his shirt and says, "Are you hungry baby Andrew, here eat my belly" I cover up when feeding him and apparently Thomas thinks he is eating my belly.

Other news: Thomas has been pooping in the potty for about 3 weeks now. He has had a couple of accidents but for the most part he is doing a great job. Charlie is even showing interest in the potty. Thomas also has become super sassy. So we have been worn out by him. I feel like I'm constantly disciplining him. He also likes to get Charlie riled up. Charlie graduated from his high chair a few weeks back and likes to sit in a chair like a big boy. Unfortunately he started taking his food in the t.v. room and dumping it on the couch when mommy wasn't looking. So he was demoted and put back in the high chair. The boys are both really into cars and trains and love the Kung Foo Panda movie. Which they practice Kung foo on each other... not good when it ends in crying.

Next post I will have pictures.

4 comments:

Blessed said...

Um, yeah. I need some pics. I am glad you updated though. I am glad you are getting a little more sleep and I'm thinking of you!!!! It was terrible when Colt wasn't sleeping and I didn't have 2 other children. I am praying for you. I miss you!1

Kristin said...

I hope Charlie starts feeling better soon. So glad Thomas is finally going potty in the potty. I know you are so happy. That's great Charlie is already interested!

Julie said...

Hang in there...if anyone can do it, you can!!!

Praying for you!!!

Amy S. said...

I love the "eat my belly" story. Thomas is the funniest little boy!