Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pet Peeves

Here is a list of my pet peeves. Feel free to add your own.
1. People who forget to turn the cell phone off during a movie and then they proceed to have a conversation with the caller in the theatre.
2. Standing in a long line at the grocery or wherever and then another lane opens up and the people who just got in line rush over to get served even though you are the one that has been waiting the longest.
3. Guests or siblings who come over to your home and grab the remote and flip the station while you are in the process of watching something.
4. This was a pregnant pet peeve: When women constantly ask if you are carrying twins and you tell them no there is just one and they act shocked.
5. People who starting cursing out in public about poor service (restaurants, department stores, etc.) it's just plain rude to everyone else.
6. Going into a gas station and coming out smelling like chicken no matter how brief you were there.
7. Those who complain about EVERYTHING and try their very best to make you a fellow complainer. (This is the topic of my blog so it doesn't pertain to me:) )
8. This is a mom thing: Anything that could be construed as a negative comment-ex: How old is your child? (one) Really he looks much bigger or When did he start sleeping through the night? Answer: doesn't matter b/c whatever you say there child did it sooner.
9. Working out 5 days a week and watching what you eat and then discussing this with all the skinny people who don't know the meaning of the word exercise and eat whatever and whenever they want.
10. My dog finding something to eat while we are gone. (She just ate 4 huge bagels I bought for Matt's breakfast last night)

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love this blog! It cracks me up-so many I can relate to and that drive me crazy, too!
I've been wanting to blog about how annoyed I get at the grocery store when people won't look at you or aknowledge you when they are in your way. I say "excuse me" or "sorry" and they still seem so rude to me. Lighten up, People! Why are they so grumpy at the grocer? Maybe its just down here or me? But I have to refrain from saying sorry (most of the time they are the ones in the way anyways) but then I feel guilty turning into one of "them." Does this pet peeve of mine even make sense to anyone else? Its too long of a post now.
BTW-Hope your dog is okay after eating all those bagels! Ha!

Julie said...

I get annoyed with :
1. People who consistently park in a place that is makes it difficult to back out of your driveway :) !!!

2. When you call the doctor's office or somewhere else and they immediately say "can you hold??"

3. Smokers who just throw the butts wherever they want. HELLO!!! That is littering!!! Throw it away!!!

4. Having to move away and never see my good friends and just sit in my house all day by myself and miss my friends who I used to live down the street from!!!

Amanda's News said...

Kim-I can relate to your annoyance. I personally think most people go to the grocery when they are starved so that makes them mean and irritable.

Julie-I totally agree with your #1 and #4. We miss you like crazy here. Also email me your new home address. You left a couple of things here that I need to mail you.

Suzanne said...

haha! too funny! i totally agree with 1, 2, 5, 6 (for real! and mexican food restaurants), 9 (gag)! and i can't believe 4! i'd get SO annoyed! i KNOW i have some, but can't think of any right now..i'll re-visit! ;)

Amanda's News said...

Just thought I would add this to the list:
People who always try to contradict you or one up you. You know who you are.

Kimberly said...

I looked back on your blog and was reminded of the familiar "Galaxy" gas station smell in Searcy. I always got gas there and smelled like fried foods and skank afterwords. I can still smell it now

lauren said...

I am getting a big kick out of reading these! Mine is probably people who don't smile?? I can't think right now, but I'll do one later. I so can smell the Galaxy smell right now....uuugggghhh!!!

Larissa Smith said...

1. Drivers who inch forward, sometimes into the intersection, while the light is red and especially when the light going the other way is still green. Don't they know they're not actually getting anywhere?
2. People who repeat themselves, just because they don't know what else to say and want to keep talking.

Suzanne said...

ha! that nasty galaxy smell! good call! makes me want to vomit.

1) having to repeat myself when someone didn't hear what i said b/c they weren't really listening (joe)

2) when people wear socks with sandals/flip flops

3) when someone playfully slaps me, pinches me, or grabs my nose...i get all red and it really bothers me! (crazy, i know!)

4) tickling...i HATE to be tickled! (but sometimes can't help but laugh...but i HATE it!)