So I was talking to an old friend on the phone this past weekend and was shocked to find out that she and her husband were getting a divorce. My heart sank and I couldn't believe this was happening to one of us (someone I was close to, my age, etc). She lives quite a distance from me so we haven't kept up with each other like we should've. My New's Resolution was to be a better friend and put forth the extra effort, and that was why I was calling her so we could catch up. We talked for over and hour and the longer we talked the harder it became to hold back my tears. I got off the phone and broke down. I have been praying for her multiples times a day and I've been trying to just give it over to God b/c I know he will take care of her. Some of you guys reading this know who I'm talking about and I hope you are praying for her and her family as well. I'm actually planning on visiting her in March. So those of you in that area we will need to get together.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
she's been on my mind too...no doubt we need to get together in march. love you!
JEEZ, please erase those! my computer is acting crazy...sorry to post like 4 times!
I think I know who you are talking about. Does she reside in Keller? If so, she lives 1 minute away from me...if you guys get together, CALL ME!
Marcy
I know how you feel. I had one of my good friends get married after our sophomore year in college, then get divorced the December after we graduated. I struggled with knowing what to say - whether I should try to help in some way as far as trying to repair the marriage, or just support her as she went through with the divorce.
I finally decided that she was hurting and needed love, so I gave up trying to choose a position. She was struggling with it enough herself without me trying to make it better or worse, but just needed to know we all cared when the relationship she thought would support her for her entire life was crumbling.
She asked me one time what I thought about it (she had a good friend tell her she was going to hell - unbelievable!), and I just told her that I hated that it happened, that I wasn't going to place blame, but it broke my heart.
So from my experience, just be there. Divorce is very hard. Don't spend time trying to figure it out, just cry with her.
I will be there! We'll be praying for them, too. So hard to know what to say. As long as it's not March 13-20 week, I'll be there.
Lar, Suz, & Marcy, (and Julie)- I will be there down visiting on March 17-22. Matt has three siblings that live in the Ft. Worth area so we probably will stay with one of them. We can discuss as it gets closer to time.
Good...we'll be there!!
Post a Comment