Many of you know that Matt has only one more year left in dental school and the time is approaching for us to make a decision about what will come next (hopefully we will know by this summer). Will we stay in Memphis?? Will we move to Ohio?? What does God have in store for us? So Matt and I have been praying about this decision and asking God to lead us where we ought to go. I have been specifically praying that if we aren't meant to move to Ohio then please, God, just shut the doors there.
< I mean after all this is a HUGE decision. Most of my concerns with moving there would be about finding a church home, the weather, and moving away from my sisters. I'm a southern girl through and through. I love the warm, hot weather and would take it any day over cold, snowy days. We have gotten so spoiled here with our church and our church family that it will be heartbreaking to leave them. I think I have only lived apart from my sisters for 3-4 years and that was when they left for college and moved to Memphis a year or so before Matt and I did. My sisters have been such a blessing to us. They love Thomas (probably, almost as much as we do). They love spending time with Thomas which makes us feel good when we need to call on them and ask them to babysit...they never hesitate. Now that I have listed my concerns there are positives about moving there: Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Ben, Aunt Julie, Uncle Rob, Uncle Alan, Aunt Becky, Uncle Brett, Aunt Holly, and 5 cousins for Thomas and baby#2 to play with. Also we have alot of extended family up there as well.
Obviously, God is clearly telling us that Ohio is calling our names. Since we have been praying not only has God opened one door but four more doors have swung open. Dentists that Matt doesn't even know have asked for him to contact them about their practice. One of Matt's best friends from Ohio told Matt, "I know that somewhere in the Bible it says that the Lord works in mysterious ways, but sometimes he just lays it flat out for ya." So we are trusting in the Lord that when it is time to make our decision he will lead us to the right one and allow our hearts to be content with his answer.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Doors Are Opening
Posted by Amanda's News at 11:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
oh wow! i know that is so scary and exciting all at the same time. i hear ya on the whole southern gal and warm weather thing. matt will just have to let you buy more adorable winter clothes! ha! seriously though, i know this can be so stressful and we will be praying for yall!
YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!!!! GOD, SHUT THE DOOR, please! I NEED AMANDA HERE!
No, I completely understand that this decision is hard for you, and I know God will lead you to the right place. :)
Love you!
We are praying with you...
I know you will be faithful whichever door you choose.
I can totally relate to trying to figure out where we will eventually end up one day as well! I'd really hope you guys move to nw arkansas so we can go do dental wives things together! Ha!
i'll be praying for you! i just got back and thought about you, suz, and marcy so much! so many memories came flooding back!
Post a Comment