Monday, May 07, 2007

Three Weeks and 4 Days

Yesterday my girlfriends through me a second shower and since we don't know the sex it was a necessity type shower with like diapers, wipes, bath stuff, etc. We all went out to eat after church, just the girls, and got to enjoy some good girl talk. It was really sweet of them to shower us with all of those items b/c now we are set for at least 3-4 months. Also I asked for a gift card to Babies R Us from my sister for this past Christmas and will get to go this weekend with my mom to get last minute items.

Well, I went to the doctor today and I am 1cm dilated and 30% effaced. So at least some progress is being made. However, with Thomas I was 1cm dilated for about 4 weeks and even when I went to the hospital with Thomas I was dilated between a 1 and a 2. So who knows. The heartbeat this time was in the 150's, but one of the very first times they calculated the heart beat it was in the high 160's. Which I can't really remember the old wives tale about the sex of the baby and the speed of the heart beat.

It is a little surreal that I'm going to be having another baby in just a few weeks. I told some of my friends that with Thomas I was totally in the dark about what labor was like and how much your body has to go through to bring this new life into the world. And now that I'm about to do it a second time I would almost rather be in the dark about the pain. I mean now I know that it is extremely painful and can remember the feeling of those intense contractions...well it makes it a little more scary, but I really can't complain. All in all I had a really good labor with Thomas b/c my water broke and starting then I was in labor for 9 1/2 hours (5 1/2 with no epidural) and then 15 minutes of pushing. So I'm praying for obviously a healthy baby and another good labor experience (so I wouldn't mind if all of you guys were praying the same thing for me). Also if you want to add this to your prayer list I'm praying for no baby blues (which I had with Thomas), and the endurance to breastfeed (didn't exactly go to well with Thomas...only did it 5 months).

On another note my sister-in-law Julie will find out what the sex is of her second baby tomorrow! So far that will make 12 grandchildren for Matt's parents.

11 comments:

Amy S. said...

Hey Amanda! I will be praying specifically for a good labor experience, healthy baby, and NO BABY BLUES! You are such an awesome mother and you are going to do great through the labor and after the baby is born. I'm ALWAYS here for you if you ever need to talk and it sounds like you have a great group of girls there in Memphis for you. I also can't wait to find out what Ben and Julie are having!

Blessed said...

Ummm...don't feel guilty about breastfeeding. I would say 5 months is SUPER successful!! It's hard work, girl! I had no idea how much work it was going to take until I started.

You are going to do GREAT! Let's hang out a ton before you are super busy with two. I guess then I can just bring Colt over to play with his girlfriend. I just know it's a girl!

Julie said...

I can't wait to meet baby Neely #2!!!!

Praying every day...

Melissa Halford said...

Your in our prayers. Hang in there. Get ready for two! Even though mine our the same age, two is a handful! And give yourself some credit...5 months of breastfeeding is awesome, especially with all you went through. Hang in there and we can't wait to see pics of that little (girl) one!

Suzanne said...

awesome girl! i am praying so hard for you: for an EASY labor, and a healthy child!! oh, and NO baby blues!! (i feel like i have that right now!) and successful breastfeeding!

lauren said...

I have already started the prayers for no baby blues, an easy labor, and no induction, and they will continue to come! I am getting sooo excited to find out what baby #2 is and see pictures!!

Kristin said...

Three weeks! Wow! The time has flown by. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to meet baby Neely #2!

Anonymous said...

We are getting excited to find out boy or girl. We will keep you in our prayers. Cant wait to see what Thomas does about a new baby in the house. Talk to you soon.

the robertsons said...

We are so excited for you and baby #2! We'll be praying for you! I must confess my heart skipped a beat when I read the section on labor. I'm sorry I missed your shower- I have been feeling pretty wipped lately!

Kimberly said...

Its so close! We'll definetely be pray'n for you! You were there for me with the breastfeeding and I pray that it goes smoother since you now have experience. Can't wait for ya!!

Kimberly said...

BTW-the old wives tale is higher the heartbeat=girl but they tend to slow down closer to time of birth. Interesting!! Adalie & baby Neely will be in the same class at HU!