So Thursday night we went to bed around 10:00 and I actually fell asleep and slept until about 2:00 in the morning. And after that there was no way I could sleep b/c I was about to have a baby later that day and my nerves were going crazy. I was so anxious and nervous and excited to meet my new little baby. We left for the hospital Friday morning about 5:15 and checked in. I was already contracting every three to four minutes and was dilated between a 3 and a 4. So I was technically in active labor when we went to the hospital.
They did give me pitocin at 6:45a.m. to speed up my labor. The doctor broke my water at 7:30 and I got my epidural at 8:15. I was a four until about 11:30 and then I dilated to a 5 and was 90% effaced. Then about an hour and half later I progressed quickly. About 1:00 I told Matt that I felt lots of pressure and to go get the nurse. She came back and said I was dilated to a 9. The nurse left and said she would be right back. At 1:15 I told Matt I needed to push. He went and got the nurse again and she checked me and said Yep you are ready, give me a trial push. I started pushing maybe 3seconds worth and she told me to stop and she would page my doctor. So I waited and waited for my doctor to show up and kept saying I need to push I feel lots of pressure.
Doctor finally got there at 2:00 and told me the next time I feel pressure to push. So I told him I was ready and gave one good push and Charlie's head was out. The nurse said okay push again and my doctor said, "no, no, just bare down a little." So I barely bared down and out came Charlie's body. So I guess you could say I pushed one and a half times. We did take a video of the doctor telling us what our baby was and couldn't be happier that we were able to get that on video (footage was of the doctor holding the baby up not of anything else...it was PG). My first reaction was excitement when they told me we had another boy. Then they sat him on my stomach and I thought he looked very similar to Thomas.
So far Charlie has been an extremely easy baby (knock on wood). God really does answer prayers b/c I prayed that my next child wouldn't have issues with acid reflux (like Thomas did), be a good eater, and sleep well. Even at the hospital we would have to page the nursery to bring Charlie back to our room to feed him and we would have to wake him up too. With Thomas they brought him like every 30min to an hour (talk about total exhaustion). This week Matt and I have been up with Charlie maybe an hour each. Last night was perfect. He would eat and fall right back to sleep and give us 4 hours of sleep after each feeding. I've been praying for an easy adjustment for Thomas. Thomas is sweet to Charlie but he has been more whining then usual since we've had Charlie. I will try and post more pictures later. I've been working on this post throughout the week and finally finished it today.
Monday, June 04, 2007
Labor Story
Posted by Amanda's News at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
Yea! I've been dying for another post! I'm so happy that Thomas is adjusting well and that Charlie is a good baby so far! That is such an answered prayer and huge blessing! I hope you can get that video on here!! And, PLEASE put lots of pictures up! I just sat and stared at all of the last ones over and over! Love you and your two beautiful boys!
Sounds like you had a good labor and are blessed with a very good baby!! Now you are a pro at everything and know what to do. I am glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see more pictures!
i had been dying for another post too!! your labor sounded pretty good! thank God! so glad that charlie is sleeping and doing well! can't wait for more pics, just post when you can! we are all thinking about you and your beautiful boys!!
Amanda, we are so excited for you and Matt. Charlie is precious. Thomas is going to be a great big brother. They will have lots of fun together. I am so glad your labor was great.
Yea! Thank you so much for the labor story-I was so interested on how things are going!! I'm so happy that he is such an angel and that things are going so good! Take care of yourself and that sweet beautiful blonde!
What an answered prayer! Charlie is precious!
I'm waiting to see more pictures of Charlie :). I'm so glad you had a good birth experience.
I am so glad things are going well. You guys have been in our prayers. He is so adorable in his pictures. I can't wait to see him in person.
Post a Comment