Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Service or Not

Our church class is so great!! Whenever a couple has a baby they will send a sign up sheet around for people to bring food to that family. We started receiving our food this past Monday. This made me reminisce back to when we had Thomas. We had food brought to us every other day for three weeks! Every other day is in the hopes of having leftovers in between meals. Pretty awesome huh? So you can imagine all the different type of food coming to our door. Which is great because you get to try out new dishes and if you like them alot then you can get some new recipes to add to your collection.



(Keep in mind while reading this story it was two years ago when we had Thomas and I'm telling it with humor) One evening we get some food from some girls (who will remain nameless, but no longer attend our church) that was very interesting. First of all when some one says, " I would eat that by tomorrow" and there is a foul smell coming from the meat it doesn't really tempt ones hunger. Along with a can of green beans and a bagged salad that has already turned brown... maybe because the expiration date was the previous week. If you know Matt and have ever seen him inhale food then you know he will pretty much can eat anything you set in front of him. There are very few things on this earth that he won't eat. So being the daring soul he is he took out his knife and fork and stuck it into the stinky meat and bravely put it into his mouth. Which took about two seconds until it flew back out of his mouth and into our kitchen sink. Obviously we tossed the meal and went and got a $5 pizza from Little Caesars. So my question to you is was this a service or not? Was it truly an act of service that comes from the heart or was it leftovers that came from the refrigerator??? I mean if you can't take the time to give a fresh decent meal then why sign up in the first place.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

That is crazy! I can't believe someone would actually bring something over like that. I don't think it's service when you try to give someone food poisoning :) When you take food someone, it should be something that is actually edible. Wow.

the robertsons said...

That's why I takeout!

lauren said...

Oh...that makes me want to vomit just thinking about it! Josh is the same way, he would have tried it!! Some people just don't have a clue! Maybe they'll learn when it's their turn to receive meals!

Blessed said...

You're so funny when you tell stories! I love them! I am just not a funny storyteller! Oh, well. My blog will have to satisfy everyone the pictures.

I am bringing you my "famous" chicken salad and pasta salad, which I know you love! :)

Larissa Smith said...

That's nuts. At least if they hadn't bothered signing up and you weren't expecting food, you could have had time to order a better pizza than Little Caesar's...

Beth and I will bring you good food, unless she has her baby, and then I'll bring you good food. : )

Anonymous said...

Wow. I hope the food I brought you was okay.

aWare said...

The way you tell that is so funny! Great story, who does that! !!