Friday, June 22, 2007

Wonderful Women

Grandma came down for the first week that we had Charlie. She entertained Thomas by reading to him and playing with him. We really appreciated all of her help with the cooking, cleaning, and doing the laundry. Grandma has a calming presence which is nice when you are dealing with newborns.



Nana came down a couple of days after grandma left. She has been with us for ten days. She also has been helpful in entertaining Thomas and doing all the household chores. She is a sucker when it comes to pleasing Thomas. I don't know what we would of done without both of their help. So now it will just be Matt and I alone with both of the kiddos. I will say though it seems to be easier the second time around. And it doesn't hurt any that Matt has been off of school the entire time we have had Charlie. So I'm still extremely blessed to have him around for two more weeks!



5 comments:

Amy S. said...

It's funny that you say your Mom is a sucker because Matt just told me tonight that Thomas can always get your Mom to read him "just one more book." :)
I'm glad you think it is easier the second time around. I totally agree!

Carrey said...

I guess grandmothers are supposed to be suckers! So glad everything as gone well for you.

Suzanne said...

i LOVE your updates and seeing pictures of your beautiful boys! hope you are doing well..think about you a lot!

Anonymous said...

I wish my mom were a sucker like that with me. Haha. I can't wait to see you guys next week.

Holly said...

It is so great to have great mothers! We are blessed to have Beth. I'm glad it is easier for you the 2nd time around. Just wait till the 3rd.