So if I could go back in time I would take the fruit out of Eve's hand and throw it at her head to knock some sense into her. But since I can't do that all mothers must suffer the pain of childbirth....not so much since we have modern medicine (like the wonderful epidural). We can't get away from all pain though. After I had Charlie and was still in the hospital I was cramping really bad. I was having to take my pain meds every four hours and still could feel them. The nurse on duty happens to mention that with each additional child the uterus contracts harder and therefore causes more pain. Now they tell me! She then goes to say that she has had patients who have to breathe through those contractions as if they were going through labor.
So needless to say RECOVERY from the labor is additional pain to actual labor. And don't even get me started on hemorrhoids!
And for all you breastfeeding moms out there ,at least the majority of us, it isn't exactly a picnic in the park. I mean OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH!!! Sure the pain goes away after you have calloused nipples and you are so numb you don't feel it anymore. So who wouldn't hit Eve in the head for causing all of this. But I would do it again in a heartbeat for Thomas and Charlie!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Thanks Alot EVE
Posted by Amanda's News at 1:04 PM
Labels: A little bit of humor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Oh sweet girl.....I have been praying that the breastfeeding thing would be easier this go around. Keep lubing up with Lanolin and if you even think that you have thrush ask your doctor for some medicine. That was the cause of a lot of my pain and it really helped!
Don't be afraid to dope yourself up either!!! I'll call soon.
You're killing me...
Love the person who came up with epidurals! Enjoy the pain meds while you have the prescription. I had some pretty major aftermath to get through as well, and I didn't have a toddler, so I can imagine that you are frustrated. Hang in there! You got through it last time and you will again and before you know it Charlie will be running around after his big brother.
I'll join you in beaning Eve if she ever shows up, though. Wouldn't it be great if the whole childbirth thing was actually fun?
so, i think i just peed in my pants from sheer fright after reading this post!!! TERRIFIED! the post-delivery contractions are what scare me to death! moms with multiples have extremely stretched out uteruses and tend to bleed and bleed and bleed to contract it back to a normal size. many need transfusions. (SCARY much?) and don't get me started on breastfeeding...still haven't decided what to do about THAT beast! hope things are going better, now that the nips are calloused! (sheesh..i can't imagine) LOVE seeing charlie! he looks JUST like you!!
You're so funny!
You forgot about stretch marks that show up afterwards in the most random places! (Well, at least I got them)
And, a nice huge c section scar that still hurts after 3 months.
my favorite is after you stop breastfeeding and you don't even need a bra anymore...fun fun!
Sweet Amanda! Have I told you about Soothies? I discovered them after Evan, and they were a live saver for me when I started breastfeeding again. They are circlar pads that you keep in the freezer and then put in your nursing bra after each feeding. The medicine on each Soothie is a type of medicine they use on burn victims. This was a miracle for me. I hope you can find them. Try Walgreens or CVS, or another big chain. Look for the name brand "Soothies", not another brand. Let me know if this helps. Good luck with everything. It is easier the second time around, and you are usually more relaxed. Charlie is beautiful!
Post a Comment