My sweet boy!
Thomas found a new hiding spot and we couldn't find him for at least 5 minutes. We could hear him say "Where Thomas, Mama?" but didn't realize where he had gone.
Well, I just made one of the hardest decisions I've had to make. My dad and his wife Dana were up for a few days visiting us. They live in Florida and headed back down today with my sister Denise. I sent Thomas back with them and he will be down there for ONE WEEK! That will be the longest amount of time he has been away from me. Matt started school on Monday and so the past few days I have somewhat got a taste of having the two kids all on my own. My dad and Dana stay with my sisters when they visit so they helped out during the day some with the kids. I just knew I needed a little more help so I decided to send Thomas away to visit his PaPa and GraGra for a week. I will say that I did get emotional about him leaving, but didn't have to witness him getting into the car b/c I had to leave early to go to my 6week check up (technically it will not be 6 weeks until Friday). It probably was a good thing I didn't see him leave b/c all the way home from the docs I was crying and telling myself that he will have fun and it will be okay. Hopefully he won't be scarred for the rest of his life..just kidding. Denise will be flying back with Thomas next Wednesday. And it is a good timing b/c kids under two fly free. He will turn two at the end of July so we just barely made the cut off. Anyway, I hope I did the right thing. It gives me an extra week in getting Charlie on a routine and hopefully stretching out his night feedings.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
A Hard Decision
Posted by Amanda's News at 12:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
I think you made a good decision! Those times with the grandparents are cherished. It will be good to spend special time with Charlie. Ashley and I want to come and bring you lunch one day.
I should have come this week. I am so sorry.
Julie-
Don't even worry about it. They were suppose to stay until tomorrow but ended up leaving today. It was a last minute decision to send him but I think he will enjoy himself. He gets to go to the beach, zoo, and the pool whenever he wants. I'm still excited about you coming in August:)
He melts my heart! I hurt for you, because I know how you feel, but I think it's a great oppurtunity to spend some time with your little little man! You will have him back in a week, so just enjoy this time with your sweet baby!
I hope your feeling better about your decision. I'm sure he is having a great time. I don't know how you do it with 2 kids-1 is a handful enough for me so I think u are a super mommy!
I think you are Super Mommy, too! I think it's hard with one
Hope you hanging in there ok and enjoying some QT with that sweet baby. Still can't wait to meet him! When do you think yall might head home for a visit?
Melissa,
We are actually coming up next Friday and staying for about a week. Michelle is driving up with me and she is staying 3 days and then heading back home. We will have to get together with you guys.
hang in there momma! hope you get some good bonding one on one time with your sweet charlie! thomas is in great hands!! i can't imagine how hard that must be!
It is hard letting them go with the parents, but we always enjoy having a break too. Riley is in Chattanooga right now getting spoiled. Good luck with the scheduling and night feedings. It is harder with two. Charlie is so cute! We can't wait to see him in person.
Post a Comment