Wednesday, October 17, 2007

8 Random Facts/Habits About Myself

I've been tagged by Larissa so here it goes!

Here are the rules. 1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I knew before I got to college that I would major in Elementary Education and would teach for X many years. My ultimate goal was to stay home and raise a Christian family (some of you are cringing at the idea of being a stay home mom, but I say whatever works best for your family).


2. I thrive on socialization! If I don't get some girl conversation during the week then I'm in low spirits. I feel like I get along with most people, but have only a few core friends.

3. I grew up practically fighting night and day with my sisters, but now they are my closest friends. I love and cherish spending time with them.

4. A really bad habit of mine is biting my nails, especially when I'm nervous.

5. I mentioned this in a previous post but I can't stand for my kids to have boogers, ear wax, or dirt under their fingernails. Which is always going to be an issue b/c they are kids... especially with boys! I try and tell myself to let it go, but I end up holding Thomas down and getting his nasty nose friends...you get the picture (maybe a little OCD).

6. I've always been a very competitive person until recently(over the last few years) when I just have to shrug it off and not let it bother me. Ex: Competing with Matt in Bible Classes in college to make a better grade, or playing any type of card/board game, sports (when I played intramural), or trying to beat Randi's speed on the elliptical:)

7. I HATE shopping for shoes/purses. Don't get me wrong I like to shop just not for those items. Which I know Carrie is shaking her head right now after reading that. I normally take either Carrie or my sisters to help me in this department. And if I have had the same purse for more than a year you can bet my sister will get me a new one for Christmas or my birthday. Not that I really need a purse anymore since I carry my oh so fashionable diaper bag everywhere:)

8. Last but not least: I dream about being a dancer...you know from watching Dancing with the Stars. I would LOVE to do that. Not in front of people just to be able to dance like those girls...maybe with a little more coverage though.

I tag Lauren, Kim, Carrie, and Randi!

5 comments:

Blessed said...

Cracking me up. And, yes, I was shaking my head at that line. Really, I was before I even read that. Seth only wishes I didn't like shopping for shoes or purses. Call me ANYTIME you want to go.

I also like your competitiveness. I am ready for bunko tomorrow night!! I know you come to play!!

I liked learning a little more about you. I'll try to get on my list soon. Now, I've been tagged 3 times for facts about me.

Holly said...

Maybe you can practice your dance moves for us at Christmas! Anna Beth would definitely be your partner. Cute blog! I could have guessed a lot of those things about you. I hope everything with the insurance is going good for Matt. I know personally what it is like to be up against the insurance companies. Have a good week!

The Shirley's said...

You are SO FUNNY! I was laughing when I read the part about the eliptical. I do the same thing. It was really tough when you were pregnant and I wasnt and you were going faster than me. :)

lauren said...

I love when my friends do these! I never knew you wanted to be a dancer!! I'm totally with you on needing girl conversation every day, and I'm not with you on shoe/purse shopping. Your competitiveness cracks me up! I love that spunk in your personality!

Kimberly said...

I love these lists because I learn something new about you! You crack me up with the ocd on boogers! I use to wonder, "why do mothers let their kids go out in public with crusty faces" and now I understand...sometimes the battle is not even worth it...but then I am so paranoid the whole time were out that someone will think what I use to.
I will do this if I can ever think of 9 things...that seems like a lot right now before bed but I'll start to make a list and maybe eventually I'll get there!