Thursday, March 06, 2008

My Top Ten Reasons

I guess I forgot to mention why we are moving. Matt graduates from dental school and then we are heading up to Ohio. He will be working with his dentist that he grew up going to. We will be living by his parents and three of his sibling and their spouses & children.(Brett & Holly, Ben & Julie, and Becky & Alan). I'm pretty close with all of his family and I know having themt there will make for an easier transition. We are really excited about living near family and having Thomas & Charlie grow up with cousins!


With only a few more months in our FIRST house. I've been real busy packing up boxes, taking down decorations, and getting rid of clutter. I just thought I would share with you guys all the things I'm going to miss about TN. I'm sure for those of you who have ever had to make a huge transition like this know how I'm feeling. We are sad to end this chapter in our lives, but we are excited about what God has in store for us as we are about to begin our new adventure! This post has been in the making for awhile, but alas I finally finished it. So here you go!

So here are my top Ten:

10. I like our neighborhood and our location (living close to our favorite restaurants, park, movie theatre, and mall)!


9. I like the G-town Commissary's Bar-B-Que (that will be tough to beat).


8. I have really enjoyed our Sunday school class and reach group. I really feel like I've grown spiritually in the last 6 years. It's funny to think our first time to attend class was in Josh's office when the class hadn't really started. And now our class has so many couples...it truly has been a blessing.





7. I really like my doctor and hospital where I had Thomas and Charlie. It is so hard to find a doctor you really like and feel comfortable around. Prego with Thomas!









Prego with Charlie...yes it's the same person just different hair color!





6. I enjoy our worship/praise time at church.


5. Gotta give a shout out to my Bunko girls! Love that one night out of the month where it is just girl time!



4. I really enjoy going to the YMCA! The nursery staff have become such a huge part of why I go everyday:)


3 &2. Really these are tied. These two girls are so super important to me. Randi, the best work out partner (when we work out together) and confidant!! Carrie, best friend (who I talk to almost everyday) and the one who keeps me in fashion!






1. My sisters and best friends, Denise and Michelle, who will babysit freely and shower Thomas and Charlie with lots of love:) It has been so great living close to them for well pretty much most of my life. We probably average seeing each other three times a week. It will definitely be hard to leave them. Luckily, we are already planning trips for them to visit and for me to come back down here.

9 comments:

Blessed said...

I can't really even read this post without crying.

I am in denial big time. I just know the time will come and you won't be able to leave me behind.

Love you!!!!!! sniff, sniff.

Anonymous said...

I would miss the commisary too. It is so great. You have made such great friends there. I know that it will be hard to leave. We will be praying for yall.

I love that red dress that your wearing in the picture. Very cute with your new hair.

Suzanne said...

awww...i'm sad for you! jeez. so tell me about the move and all that! what will you guys be doing, etc. (unless i am totally lost and should go back and read somewhere!) love you! good luck with packing and everything...

lauren said...

Can't believe you're really moving so far away! I know I don't get to see you but maybe once a year at HU, but it will still feel like you're even farther away! I'm glad you'll have such good memories of this chapter in your life, and I am excited for y'all to get to start a new one soon! (You look adorable in your red dress!)

Amy S. said...

You have some awesome things to be thankful for from that chapter of your life. I pray that God will bless you just as much and even more in the next chapter. Love you.

Julie said...

Memphis is a hard place to leave! I can't believe that you won't be there any more! I will have to start planning trips to Ohio! Me and Carrie will have to go at the same time!

The Shirley's said...

Does it matter that I have HUGE crockodile tears in my eyes right now! Words can not describe what your friendship means to me. I have about 4 friends in my life that I love like sisters and that I will never let remove themselves from my life no matter how far away they are. You are one of those 4. Our friendship has been one of the biggest blessing in my life and this chapter of my life has been so great because you were such a big part of it. I love you and your family and I appreciate the encouragement you have been to me these past few years. I am glad that our boys got to grow up thus far together. You leaving is bitter sweet because I know it is what is best for you and your family but my family will sure miss you guys. Love you Randi

Kimberly said...

I am so excited for you guys! I bet Matt is so ready to finally be out of school (and you for him to be as well). The hard work will finally begin to pay off (at least that is what they tell me...I have yet to experince it yet either!) I'm sure Matt's family is anxious for those little boys to be closer but sounds like ya'll will have LOTS of friends and family to come stay with when u come back to visit Memphis.

Jesse Faris said...

Amanda,

I agree with Carrie--I've been in total denial that y'all are actually going to leave!

We will miss you, Matt, and the boys so much. Your leadership has been vital to our class, and I have always enjoyed seeing you each week with your new funny stories and contagious laughter.

I already know that those Ohioans (not a word, I know) are going to love you--you make the BEST banana pudding, and they won't even know what it is until they meet you! Also, I'm pretty sure you will master the art of making chocolate-peanut-butter buckeyes. (Can you tell I love food? Ha!)

You will be dearly missed--I'm going to tell myself that you will visit often. :)