Friday, August 01, 2008

Struggling

As many of you know when we were pregnant with Thomas we found out that he was a boy and we're thrilled! Then we got pregnant the second time and decided to let #2 be a surprise. Which was an amazing experience to find out when I delivered! And it was a HUGE incentive to push. We were of course thrilled again that we had another boy (I also felt like we were having a boy)! So I thought with baby #3 we would let that be a surprise again. So here is my dilema if it is a girl I want to know b/c I want to start decorating and buying clothes, but if it is a boy I would rather wait and find out at the delivery. Of course I would love either...blah, blah, blah. I go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks. I just can't decide what to do. So a quick poll do you think I should find out...yes or no?

16 comments:

Vail said...

being surprised is so much more fun. Pick out colors, bedding, etc. and if it is a girl, those men will have the nursery painted long before she is ready to move from the bassinet to the crib :) I just know those Neely boys will come through for you:)

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy no matter what you decide.
Hugs
Aunt Vail

Julie said...

find
out

Blessed said...

I'm with Julie. FIND OUT! FOR ME, if nothing else. You know I want to monogram everything in sight. See you TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

jennifer said...

I am also on the side of finding out!! seriously FIND OUT!!

Kristin said...

My vote is to wait. It always is. I think you will be able to have a girlie nursery if you have a girl and decide to wait to find out. You can always pick out what you want it to look like and if it is a girl, then have someone go buy it while you are still in the hospital.

I just remember how excited you and Matt were about the whole experience after you had Charlie. (keep thinking about that!)

Julie said...

FIND OUT!!!! FIND OUT!!!! Even Ben wants to know!

Anonymous said...

I want to know but it is up to you. I would like to start my quilt if it is a little girl.

Leslie J said...

find out find out find out find out

TexasNeals said...

oooooooo, tough question! there are good arguments for either way. another way to look at it is....will you be disappointed that you found out early if it's a boy? and will you be disappointed if you decide not to find out and it's a girl? when i read that back it sounded confusing?! anyway, either way will be exciting. :)

lauren said...

I like finding out. It's so exciting just to see and meet your baby anyways when it comes time to deliver. Plus, I want to know! ;) If you find out you're having a boy, you can think of something fun to get for your next boy while you're waiting. Just a thought! Either way would be fun, though!

ashley said...

rudy and i are split on this one - i want to be surprised and he wants to know (when the time comes..we're not pregnant!) you've done it both ways, so you can't go wrong this time!

Suzanne said...

i LOOOVE to plan (ha), so if it were me, i would definitely find out. its fun to go ahead and name the baby and monogram items and have everything ready for the little darling when they enter the world! i am amazed at the people who have the self-discipline NOT to find out! they are MUCH stronger than i...it would drive me nutso!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to find out what you are having!!!

annecase said...

So, what did you decide? I didn't vote...it's a tough one! Be sure and keep me informed!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. We are just doing GREAT! We've been so blessed. Labor delivery was a breeze, nursing is going great so far and he's just THE BEST baby...at least so far. He sleeps for 5 straight hours at night already! It's just almost too good to be true!

We really miss you guys! I hear that you may be coming to visit sometime this fall. Be sure and let me know when so I can make sure that I am in town. I do not want to miss seeing you!!!

Amy Lauren said...

Find out!

Becca said...

FIND OUT!!!!

I hope you guys are doing well! We miss you here in Memphis!