Thursday, December 04, 2008

Updated without pics...sorry!

This whole blogging thing really stinks when your camera is broken. I hope to get a new camera for Christmas and then will be able to post pictures of all my latest projects. I have painted the nursery and Thomas/Charlie's room. We have also painted the basement and guest room too!

I had my doctor's appt on Monday and I'm measuring two weeks ahead. I'm hoping I can make it until the 16th b/c that would work out perfectly for Matt's schedule and my mom's. Matt will take off one week and then my mom will fly in and stay for 10days:) I also have my sister, Michelle, coming in the first week of Feb. You can never have to much help especially those first 6 weeks with a newborn. I'm feeling fine, just definitely uncomfortable and starting to swell. And Matt has informed me that I've started snoring at night...which I normally do at the end of my pregnancies. I haven't gained nearly as much this time around but I still have 5-6 weeks left so we will see.

I have been super busy here. Of course I had to go shopping on black Friday and woke up at 3a.m. to get some good deals. I ended up getting a t.v. at Target for our master bedroom and I think the guy handing them out took pity on me b/c of my mega beast of a belly...(pics to come). I didn't have a ticket, but he worked it out to where I got one! My sweet sister-in-laws gave me a shower this past Saturday. They each made a different cake and they were all delicious! My mom and my sister Denise came up for Thanksgiving and were able to be there too. I received lots of good stuff and even got curtains to go with the nursery theme! I was super excited about it! I hosted our Ladies Christmas party for our church on Tuesday and was BUSY getting the house in order. It was a wonderful party and we had a great turn out! Now all I have left to do is buy a few more gifts and I will be completely done with my Christmas shopping.

Please say a special prayer for Thomas. We are in a power struggle with him over the whole potty training ordeal. We aren't pushing it, but he is determined to do it on his own time. The kid practically changes is own dirty pull up. Literally he will take it off, dump it down the toilet and start wiping his own bootie. I pretty much just stand there and supervise. It seems like everything is a battle with him...clothing, bathing, his hair. We read a book that Matt's brother lent to us and it is all about offering choices to your toddler. For example you can either wear your coat or hold onto it. Which as soon as we open the door he wants his coat on b/c it is freezing. I'm just kind of in shock and completely worn out by my 3 1/2 year old. It is hard to imagine how this kid could go from being the sweetest, funniest, chunkiest baby to one who throws the worst temper tantrums you can imagine!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Oh Thomas is so sweet! You do a WONDERFUL job with him, Amanda. I always wonder what it would have been like if I had boys, but I guess I'll just have to live it through you. He WILL be potty trained and this will all seem like a small chapter in his life, but I know it seem HUGE right now. I am so glad my girls get to grow up with your boys. What fun memories! It will be fun to tease Thomas later (oh when he is 15-16)about this. I will remember you, Amanda! I remember it being hard!

jennifer said...

Yeah for the update! I was wondering about you :) Definitly say a prayer for you guys and Thomas. Going through the whole power struggle with Vail also. Not fun !! Wondered what you new nursery theme is.:) We find out in 5 weeks (around the time you are due) what baby #3 is.

Suzanne said...

awww...GREAT to see an update! i've been missing you! sux about the power struggle--i do NOT look forward to those. can't wait to see "suprise baby"!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

You have been busy!!! I am sure you are ready for things to settle down some. Last night was so fun and I am so glad you are living here. We are getting excited to meet the new guy!!!

Leslie J said...

Yay for the update! we missed you at the cookie exchange! want to see pictures of the nursery/boys' rooms!

Blessed said...

Ok, please get a camera for xmas. I really really miss seeing pics of the boys and you! I know you have all changed so much and I'm missing it!!

Nursery pics too please!

I tried to call you the other day...let's not play phone tag all week! Love you. Miss you.

lauren said...

Amanda! I'm so glad to see an update! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and getting towards the end! I can't wait to know what you're having!! Not too much longer!! So sorry about the power struggles! I need you to post (or we can talk on the phone) about what you do. We have those from time to time and they are definitely stressful! I love you and miss talking to you! Thinking about you as you near the end of your pregnancy!!