Well this last week as been crazy! On Saturday night Matt took me to the ER b/c I've been having a terrible headache for 3-4 days and it wasn't going away with the Motrin they gave me after having Andrew. So the ER doc gave me toradol (misspelled) and phengaren. Apparently I'm allergic to one of them b/c I turned bright red except for white circles around my eyes and mouth, my chest was aching (couldn't take a deep breath). So Matt got the nurse and he took my blood pressure which was 195/117. I have no clue about blood pressure so I wasn't sure what that meant. Matt told me later that 200/120 is where you could have a stroke. So they gave me benadryl. Then they gave me nubain (misspelled). Which knocked me out in about ten minutes. So the doctor now comes back in and says he thinks I have Preeclampsia, and they need to have a urine sample and blood. Well, most of you know after you have a baby you can bleed for a few weeks after. So I can't pee in a cup b/c I'm still bleeding so I have to get a catheter. Sooooo not happy about that. I also look like a drug addict b/c I have been poked with needles all over my arms so yet again a lab tech comes in to draw more blood. Results come back and there is no protein in my urine and my blood work is fine. No diagnosis. So we head home about 11:00p.m. Sunday afternoon I start having another headache. I took my Motrin like normal and then within an hour my face and neck have turned red and I have another headache. Monday evening at 5:00 my head is pounding and I'm in tears. So Matt takes me back to the ER. I REALLY did not want to go. We get there about 6:45 and finally get to see a doctor about 9:00. They were just going to pump me full of more meds and Matt talked with the doctor and they decided I needed a CAT scan. So I head back for one. I'm getting a CAT scan and my head was about to explode. They pull me out of the machine and I reach for my head and start balling hysterically. CAT scan comes back fine. HUGE relief! They give me morphine...doesn't help. They give me dialaued (misspelled) (which I was told was a strong drug). So that cured my headache for the time being...but then I start throwing up. We head home about 2:30a.m. with my puke bowl in my lap. Still no diagnosis. BTW I'm still breastfeeding so I have to pump every three hours (I of course dumped it out b/c of all the drugs). So I'm sitting on the bathroom floor with my mom helping me pump while my head is over the toilet. Matt gets me upstairs and into bed and I slept for about 7 hours. My mom took care of Andrew the entire night with feedings and all. I start having another headache and break out again on Wed. and we went in right away to see my OB doc. He thinks I have an A typical case of Preeclampsia with my only symptom being high blood pressure. I guess my hypertension headaches can be caused due to the high blood pressure. So now I'm on blood pressure medicine. Which hopefully I can wean off of it in a few months. I can't believe I have all of these issues...I have NEVER had high blood pressure. Please pray that this medicine will work and will solve the headache problem and blood pressure problem. Here are some pictures of Andrew and the boys!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







13 comments:
First of all, thank you for the pictures! I've been checking back every day for an updated picture of Andrew. He is precious just like your other boys. I love the picture of all three of them together. Charlie is so adorable!
Im SO sorry you are going through all this, Amanda. It sounds just terrible on top of everything else you have to go through after having a baby. I hope this newest medication does the trick. I'll be praying it does! Love you!
I am so sorry to hear about everything you are going through. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully this blood pressure medication will be what you need to heal.
The boys are adorable. Love all the photos!
That sounds like a nightmare! Hope you get better SOON! Andrew is such a cutie pie! Miss you!
I had no idea this was happening! I hate playing phone tag. You said something like I've been at the ER all week, but I couldn't make our your message. Now, I get it! I hate that! I am glad they are getting it under control. And, I'm glad your mom is there to help!
Andrew is too cute for words! I love him! I do think he looks more like Thomas. Charlie is getting so big! He looks JUST LIKE YOU in some of your old pictures! I can't believe it!
Love you! Let's chat tomorrow!? I hope it works out!
Oh my goodness, Amanda! How scary! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that and I pray that it is all over now! Andrew is such a beautiful boy! Love you!
that sounds terrible! hope you're feeling better soon!
I hope the medicine starts working and you feel better soon. Andrew is so cute! Thomas and Charlie look like they love being big brothers!
First of all, Congrats!!! Andrew is a beautiful baby. I can see a little of Thomas and Charlie in him. I remember how much fun we had in Rome talking and dreaming about how many kids we wanted. And here you are with 3 beautiful boys. Wow! I'm so happy for you and Matt! Secondly, I'll be praying that the blood pressure medicine will relieve your headaches. I can't imagine how difficult that has been with a newborn and two other children. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon!
Amanda, I just want to cry seeing how big
Thomas is! They do, definitely all have the same nose! They are all such good lookin boys! Love yall!
oh gosh Amanda! I hope you get to feeling better soon. I can empathize with having terrible headaches, but can simply not imagine having them with three little boys to take care of! Thank goodness your mom is there. Hope you feel better soon, I'll be praying for you.
YAY!!!! he is beautiful!!!! He looks so sweet too! I love the internet, I was dying to see him. love you!
Oh my goodness mama, you are seriously so strong to endure all that and still pump!
I hope you get feeling better soon!
BTW-Andrew is precious!I love all that hair!
oh. my. gosh, woman...holy COW! i'm so sorry!!! yes, dilaudid is VERY strong...i hope the BP meds are working and that your head aches are going away. that BP was UNREAL scary! i'm SOOOO glad matt took you to the ER! it hurts me to think about you hunched over the toilet, trying to pump, sick as a dog. poor da! ugh. love you so much...suz
Post a Comment